This has been a very aggressive and productive year at Port de Mer. The major facelift and extensive renovations began in August and will continue into the new year. In addition to this project, there has been a good deal accomplished in the areas of maintenance repairs and upgrades. The financial side saw the development of the 2020 Budget as well as closely monitoring spending and overdue accounts which are at an all-time low for our property. Attached is a summary of 2019 accomplishments along with an update on our renovation and remodeling projects.
The elevator modernization is in progress and we are looking for completion of the first A1 cab by Feb 2020. This, the most expensive element of our renovation, required careful review of four different companies and bids. The multiple negotiations and revisions along with legal reviews took much longer than expected. However, this labor-intensive effort insured that we made the right choice with the right company to produce a quality product at the best price.
With the level of new projects and increased activity this year we especially recognize and appreciate the skill and expertise of our property manager, Colleen Cooney. Undertaking a project of this magnitude would not be possible with a less qualified manager. We thank Colleen for her coordination, attention to detail and for juggling all the special projects and everyday issues it takes to manage our property. We also thank our maintenance supervisor Elucier, who meets and helps the myriad of sub-contractors during renovations, as well as serving the day to day needs of homeowners. We thank maintenance man Brudus and our cleaning staff for maintaining our property. We welcome Admin. George Ovens to our office team and are happy to have him on board. We will all continue to work hard to protect and improve Port de Mer, our “Jewel on the Mile”.
The Board of Directors appreciates the continued cooperation and understanding of our residents who might be inconvenienced from time to time during the renovation process. We assure you that the end result will be worth the temporary impact we all feel.
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa and a safe enjoyable Holiday Season.
Board of Directors Port de Mer, Inc.
- Completed successful Audit.
- Monitored and follow-up on all Overdue Maintenance and Assessment accounts. maintaining the lowest “overdue” amounts to date.
- Developed Final 2020Budget with Partial Funding.
- Weekly communications regarding Loan Documents and accounts, negotiated Bank Loan agreements and set up new bank accounts with Valley National Bank.
- Closely monitored spending keeping renovation budget on track.
- Legal review of Bank closing Documents.
- Legal review of final Contracts with Hartzell Painting/Construction.
- Provided support and interrogatories in defense of three pending lawsuits.
- Worked with our Legal team in preparing termination letter for prior Elevator vendor.
- Obtained legal action as necessary and appropriate for overdue maintenance accounts.
Painting and Renovation
- Negotiated and signed Contracts with Hartzell Painting and Construction Co. for Renovation Project including interior and exterior painting, total interior remodel, impact windows & lobby doors, LED lighting-Building permit applications in; inspector has visited PDM to better understand our project; permits in process.
- Worked with Designer on renovation suggestions and purchased lobby furniture rom City Furniture—furniture is ready for delivery when lobbies are finished.
- Negotiated and signed contract with Medallion for Hallway Carpeting-carpeting will be ready for delivery in January.
- Negotiated and signed contract with Floors Direct for Tile, (lobby, social room and elevator aprons).
- Met with Fuji, Oracle and United and reviewed proposals for new elevators.
- Signed contract with United Elevator.
- Negotiated and ordered with RoomsToGo for purchase of Social Room Furniture-furniture is available for delivery.
- Negotiated for and ordered reupholstery of social room rattan furniture.
- New tile installation has begun in B1.
- Painting of laundry rooms this winter by our maintenance staff.
- Elevator modification commenced in December on A side.
- Replaced B1 storm sewer and domestic supply pipe.
- Relocated sump pump in B1 Garage. Replaced sump pump in A1.
- Concrete restoration in A1-603 and B1 10.
- Replaced Condenser and fan in A2.
- Replaced Heat pump in A/C in B2.
- Repaired leak in evaporator coil A1.
- Replaced index valve in the irrigation system on the A side.
- Replaced all hardware of garage gates including motors in A2 and B2.
- Replaced 100 AMP circuit Breaker in A1.
- Replaced disconnect box on service elevator in A1.
- Repaired domestic water pump in A1, B1 and B2.
- Replaced pipe hangers holding pipe lines on A and B sides.
- Upgraded lift stations & equipment thee A side to prevent garage flooding.
- A-Tech contracts completed for updated Fire Panels, replacement is in process.
- Negotiated new Camera System with Pro Tech, installation is underway.
- AIS replaced all duct work in all four buildings.
- Installed new underground Gas Tank.
- New Generator ordered for A1.
- B side Pool Resurfaced.
- Replaced several fan motors throughout property.
- Replaced three fire hoses in Garage level A2, B1 and B2.
- Payless Plumbing repaired 2 leaks in B2 and 1 in A1.
- Obtaining proposals for landscaping and rock island design on the A side courtyard.
- Arranged for engineering inspection of the A side seawall.